Thursday, November 24, 2011

About Today: Things We're Thankful For

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


What do NBA hoops, Star Wars, the iPad, A Wrinkle in Time, and you, dear reader, have in common? They're all things we're thankful for today here at About.com HQ. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Return of NBA Basketball (I Hope)
This never-ending offseason has focused more on amnesty clauses and decertification than a hoops fan would like, but someday soon, the NBA will be back in action and I'll be more thankful for it than ever. Here's to another Lakers championship in 2012 (or, gulp, 2013). - Zach Epstein, Content Manager

iPad: You Complete Me
My iPad has become my main computer at home. I do everything on it: listen to music, watch videos, read the news, answer emails, even control my little server. I'm thankful because of the long battery life, its small size (compared to my laptop), and its ease of use (for when I pass it over to my children to make animated cartoons or draw pictures). - Bob Schulties, Content Manager
See More About:  ipad 2  ipad review  best of ipad

The Empire Strikes Back: Greatest Film of All Time?
One of my parents' favorite stories about me from when I was a wee young lad: because I knew my Star Wars action figures so well, as well as where their respective nameplates were in my Darth Vader action-figure carrying case, without fail I could always put them all back in the case in their correct spot, years before I could even read. Like billions of others, I sometimes wonder: what would life be like without Star Wars? - Brian Spencer, Han Solo In His Dreams

I'm Also Thankful For:


Children's Books
Childhood wouldn't have been the same without my local public library. Growing up in Maine, I spent plenty of long, cold winter evenings curled up with Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time, Noel Streatfeild's "Shoes" series, Edward Eager's playful fantasies, and the cozy Betsy-Tacy stories. Many years later, it's pure joy to rediscover these stories with my children and to discover new favorite characters like Lyra, Harry and Katniss. - Margot Weiss, Managing Editor

I'm Also Thankful For:


 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Switch to LED Christmas Lights
Which Ancient Roman Are You?
Save on Movie Tickets
Holiday Etiquette Advice
Champagne Cooking Tips
The 20 Best Web Comics

 

More from About.com

2011's Cutest Winter Boots
Snuggly snow boots are essential for women who live in cold climates, but still want to put their best foot forward. More>



10 Budget Work Essentials
Figuring out how to pay for a fabulous work wardrobe can be a challenge. These 10 mix-and-max essentials are all under $50. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment